-7 oz. unsweetened 100% dark chocolate
-1/2 cup butter
-5 large eggs, separated
-2 cups assorted nuts and/or seeds (I used almonds, walnuts, pecans, and sunflower seeds)
-1 cup and 2 tbsp. Stevia
-1/2 cup and 1 tbsp chia seeds
-coconut flakes or other toppings (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil, then line it with a sheet of wax paper. Soak chia seeds in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes. Grind nuts well.
2. Melt butter and dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water and let cool.
3. Beat egg whites and 1/3 cup of Stevia until soft peaks form. Beat the remaining Stevia and egg yolks in a large bowl.
4. Pour melted chocolate over egg yolks and fold. Next, fold in the chia seeds and ground nuts. Finally, fold in the egg whites.
5. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 50 minutes. Let cool, then top it with unsweetened coconut flakes, melted dark chocolate, homemade whipped cream, or anything else... get creative and enjoy!
Quote of the Day:
"A healthy body is a guest chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison." -Sir Francis Bacon