"I saw few die of hunger; of eating, a hundred thousand." -Ben Franklin

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lemon-Ginger Chocolate Fudge

I've recently fallen in love with the combination of ginger and chocolate-- the two flavors complement each other really well!  I also love the combinations of lemon (something summery to go with this warm weather!) and ginger, and lemon and chocolate... so why not make an awesome lemon/ginger/chocolate treat, especially since chocolate is now everywhere with Easter coming up soon?  I originally thought I could make little chocolate eggs, but once this started chilling in the fridge, I decided that the egg idea wasn't going to work out for me... and instead I realized I had made fudge!!  Nom!!  (Also, cool stuff: an NPR article came out a few days ago, citing some research that chocolate consumption favorably influences your metabolism and can help keep you lean.  Whoot!)  

Ingredients:
-100g dark chocolate (I used 85%)
-1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
-25g butter
-2 1/2 tbsp. ginger
-lemon zest from 1 lemon

Directions:
1.  Break up dark chocolate and place in a bowl.
2.  Combine all other ingredients in a pan over medium heat and stir well.
3.  When mixture boils, pour over dark chocolate and stir.  (You could pour it into a small tray here, but I just kept it in the bowl.)
4.  Place in refrigerate until set (4-5 hours).  Slice up and enjoy!



Quote of the Day:
"Chocolate is the first luxury.  It has so many things wrapped up in it:  Deliciousness in the moment, childhood memories, and that grin-inducing feeling of getting a reward for being good."  -Mariska Hargitay

10 comments:

  1. What a simple, delicious recipe! I'll definitely be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great fudge recipe, I love it! Pinned it too :) Also, just wanted to let you know that I included your yummy fudge on my Menu Inspirations Easter Special
    http://easynaturalfood.com/2012/04/05/menu-inspirations-easter-special/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for sharing that link-- so many of those recipes look fantastic! Enjoy your Easter!

      Delete
  3. Powdered ginger spice or fresh zested ginger? Huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete